PATIENTS THAT WILL BENEFIT FROM AIR TRANSPORT:
- Airway, breathing or circulation compromise.
- Any patient who requires special resuscitation not available locally and which is available through our service.
- An unconscious patient with a GCS of 11 or less.
- Has a suspected spinal injury.
- Amputation / threatened limb injuries.
- Burns 2°/ 3° (25% – 80%), facial, chest, airway or circumferential.
- MVA with red codes or multiple casualties, confirmed polytrauma, entrapments.
- Cardiac and/or respiratory failure or arrest.
- Severe convulsions.
- Anaphylactic shock.
- Near drowning / diving incident.
- Advanced Life Support or medical rescue is required and ground response is > 20 minutes.
- Multiple red codes: assaults, poisonings, industrial accidents, etc.
- Confirmed obstetrical emergencies: prolapsed cord, obstructed labour, etc.
- Search and rescue.
- Long distance transfer of patients.
The duty doctor on call will be responsible for the final dispatch decision on medical grounds.
All of the above criteria are not considered in isolation, but the full clinical picture is assessed by the helicopter crew, and dispatch will occur at their discretion.
If you have any doubt regarding the interpretation of the above, please call us. 0861 267 267