For 2023 dates please e-mail: email@example.com
The course content is covered through a combination of theory lectures conducted by experts in the field, practical skill refreshers, case based learning and simulation. The Ehambayo Medical Simulator, the first of its kind in Africa, is an aero-medical simulator with includes incorporates state of the art simulation technology with aircraft stretchers, chairs and communication system, including aircraft headsets.
This course includes:
- History of aero-medicine
- Air ambulance operations
- Aircraft types and capabilities
- Clinical factors in aero-medical transport
- Aircraft pressurization
- Introduction to Crew Resource Management (CRM) and Human Factors
- Aviation regulations
- Atmosphere and Gas Laws
- Practical orientation to rotor and fixed wing aircraft
The course will run over a period of three (3) working days including the evaluation process. Each day will commence strictly at 8:00 and end at ±16:30. All presentations are in English and learners must have a fluent understanding of the language. The title of the certificate : Aviation Health Care Provider Course – validity 3 years.
The minimum entry requirements are:
- Registration with the HPCSA (or equivalent body) as a medical practitioner
- Registration with the HPCSA as an Ambulance Emergency Assistant or a higher qualification or
- Registration with SANC as a nursing sister.
- CPD points will be accredited to successful candidates ( 28 Points )
Candidates will need to provide copies of the following documents on day one of the course:
a. Copy of ID or Passport
b. Copy of highest medical qualification
c. Copy of current registration with HPCSA, SANC or relevant professional medical body.
The course fee only covers the cost of the training course, as well as tea and coffee. The AMS does not provide or pay for any travel, accommodation, food or subsistence costs: these are entirely the responsibility of the course attendees. There will be food available to purchase at lunch time.
For any queries please contact Claudia (firstname.lastname@example.org)